Silver and Flatware/Can you Identify

Dear Sir:

Have looked on the web with no success on these.
Got any ideas?

Overall Length: 8 inch
Blade Length: 4 3/8 inch

The appear to be dinner knives.
Blade appears to be silver plate. Has a capital H stamped parallel to the knife length. with an R which appears almost to be in Italics, directly below it.  H over R.
You can almost see this on the lower knife

There is a collar which looks like brass.  Its turning green and the wood edge.
Handle appears to be teak.

Hi, Carl.

I'm afraid I know about these knives or their mark. The only American company I could find with H & R in the mark was Hampton Roads Cutlery Co. The mark I found was different from what you described but companies often changed marks over the years.

There are several "H R" marks on this page but none seem to fit what you have.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland