Silver and Flatware/research and advice

me name is Derick Taylor i have some old silver antique items and was wondering if you where or can give me the name of an expert on them. maybe to see how much they maybe worth. i have to pictures taken of the items as well as the hallmarks that are on the pieces

thank you for your time Derick Taylor

Hi, Derick.

High end antique dealers often have knowledge about silver items. You might also check with the folks at They are located in Florida, I believe. You can review pictures at to find matches as well.

One thing you can start yourself is to look for marks that indicate sterling. In the U.S., it's often the word, "Sterling", or the number 925. Such pieces generally have a higher value. If the marks do not indicate sterling, a piece is often made of silver plate which most often has a much lower value.

Hope this helps to get started.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland