Silver and Flatware/Silverware from Norway

I have six silverware teaspoons that I've identified as Nils Hansen Juvel pattern from Norway and stamped 830 on back. Very pretty but are they collectable/valuable?

Hi, Lynn. I don't believe there is a large market for this pattern but pieces do sell. Here is an example of an actual recent sale: .

The "830" indicates 83% silver content. Sterling is 92.5% silver but 83% is still pretty high.

Hope this helps.

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland