Silver and Flatware/Sterling Silver thing?

Dans Silver Thing1
Dans Silver Thing1  

Dans Silver Thing 2
Dans Silver Thing 2  
I got this sterling silver looks to be a tooth pick or cigar hole maker in a storage auction with other antiques. It has a marking on the bottom the is stamped KT and under it it says Sterling.

I cannot find anything on this item....we are so confused...I would like to know what it is, historical significance or time frame it was made, maker and approx ballpark value. If valuable where it may be best suited for sale to collectors.

Hi, Dan.

I'm sorry but I have no experience with a piece like this. If there is an estate silver dealer or high end antique shop near you, take it by there and ask their opinion. There is an antique jewelry show coming to Las Vegas at the end of May. If you are near there, considering taking it by to be looked at by dealers there. I do not know the admission requirements.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland