Silver and Flatware/E&D kinsey spoons

I am the owner of 2 sets of 6 spoons. one set normal sized table spoons and other set a bit smaller. They are made by E&D Kinsey and have the writing  L. Early on the front side of all spoons.
I cant seem to find any information about that particular writing and therefor i cant get an estimate on how much they are worth. I have pictures of the spoons if interested. they are in fair condition with regular ware and tare from usage and polishing.
I am interested in knowing how much they are worth.

Thank you

According to a reference book of mine, this manufacturer mark was in use 1844-1861. Edward Kinsey and David Kinsey made pieces like this in Newport, KY, and Cincinnati, OH. There is a good chance your spoons are made of coin silver.

Spoons somewhat like yours have sold recently on eBay in the range of $8 to $26 each. I cannot say if the "L. Early" on the front adds to the value or reduces the value. It depends upon who "L. Early" was and whether or not there are collectors of items related to this person.

Sorry I could not provide more answers.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland