Silver and Flatware/need help identifying flatware pattern

Aunt Em\'s sterling
Aunt Em's sterling  
Aunt Em\'s sterling
Aunt Em's sterling  
QUESTION: Hello, Jim.
I have abandoned further internet search seeking the name of a particular sterling Bailey Banks & Biddle flatware pattern. On the back is a symbol, followed by 'sterling', 'Pat. 91','Bailey, Banks & Biddle'.
I am anxious to acquire more pieces.
See attachment.
Thank you, and my best regards...

You mentioned a symbol along with the name on the back. Can you take a picture of the back? I have not been able to determine the pattern so far and would like to see if the symbol can give me a hint.

QUESTION: Thanks very much for your quick response and assist in the search for this pattern.
We have made an effort to take a photo of the symbol on the back of the flatware.  I hope it will helpful in the identification process.

It was very common at one time for retailers of sterling pieces to have some other company manufacture the pieces and place the retailers name on the pieces. I think that's what we have here.

Check out the mark here for Davis & Galt: . Then, look at the Replacements Ltd pictures here: Replacements evidently has not been able to determine the name of the pattern and has assigned a fictitious name, "DGA1".

In summary, I think Davis & Galt manufactured the pieces and they were sold at retail by Bailey et al.

It's going to be difficult to find pieces. I found one on eBay by searching "Davis Galt sterling".

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland