Silver and Flatware/Rodgers

I have a fork (anchor) Rogers (anchor) the fork cleaned up easily over the markings looks authentic, the magnet test it stuck tight is this electroplating, a fake,a lot of weight to it but just not sure. I date it 1847.

According to a good reference book I use, The <anchor> Rogers <anchor> marks were used by the William Rogers Manufacturing Co. of Hartford, CT. It was organized in 1865 and was taken over by the International Silver Company in 1898. Most, maybe all, of the pieces produced by this company were made of silver plate.

If you can find your pattern here, you may be able to determine the earliest date of manufacture for the pattern: Look under Wm. Rogers Mfg as well as International Silver.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland