Silver and Flatware/Wm Rogers& son victorian baby spoons

Hi,  I just found 10 Wm Rogers&son IS silver victorian rose spoons at a garage sale.  I don't know if they are berry spoons or baby spoons.   They were also mixed in with about 10 very old state spoons.  Do you know if there is a value to the spoons? Thanks Linda

"IS" on the back of the spoons represents International Silver Company which took over this Rogers brand in 1898. I believe they introduced the Victorian Rose pattern in 1954. These pieces are made of silver plate. See the article in the list below that discusses sterling vs silver plate. I doubt the Victorian Rose pieces have much value. See the article in the list below that discusses the value of silver plate flatware.

I'm assuming the "state" spoons are souvenir spoons. If these are made of sterling, they will have some value based on the silver content alone. They could be more valuable if they are highly sought after by collectors. I'm not an expert on souvenir spoons but these is an article that will lead to other reference sites: .

You might look at actual sales of similar items on eBay for both sets of spoons to get verification of value. Here's an example: .

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland