Silver and Flatware/cutlery

Hi I haveca 12 piece set of W R Humphrey stamped on each item Humphrey&Co S silver an bone knifes&forks on the lower of the handle theres is stamped His name W. R. H with the crown an lion an Letter N...thetes a design on the forks like zig on the knifes a very beautiful floer lief design...iv been searching on line havnt come across this comes with the original box pupple silk with his name stamped in Gold..wondering the value

I don't have much experience with pieces made by this company. I understand that the company existed in Sheffield, England, between 1889 and 1925.

I have seen knives from sets like this that have sold on eBay in the arrange of about $2 per piece to as much as $5 per piece.  Since they don't have much value in terms of silver content, any value would be in the eyes of a collector of items like this.

You might follow sales of items like this on eBay for a few weeks to get a better idea. Asking prices won't mean much; actual sales will tell the story.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland