Silver and Flatware/Reed & Barton 320 1 Adams House

Looking to determine the value of my Reed & Barton lidded teapot.  It is oval in shape, and the five lines of marking on the bottom read:

Reed & Barton
Silver Soldered
Adams House (in a script-type font)

There is a "1" on the bottom on the handle side; also a "1" on the inside of the lid in the middle.  Thank you.

First, read this article: . I realize the article refers to a Gorham ad but the same concept applies to Reed & Barton.

It's conceivable that "Adams House" refers to a hotel. It would be in line with the "silver soldered" designation. The "320" probably is a model number. The "1" could refer to the specific item within a series of objects with the same model number or it could refer to size/volume.

If I am correct about this being related to a hotel, value would be greater to collectors of items related to that hotel. I do not know if such collectors exist.

Similar silver soldered pots have sold recently in the range of $10 to $100. Most were $20 to $50. The higher priced sales seemed to be for pots like this marked with the name of a passenger railway line. You might search the recent sales on eBay to get a better idea.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland