Silver and Flatware/Reed & Barton piece

Reed Barton
Reed Barton  

Reed Barton
Reed Barton  
Can you give me any info on this piece? It's a Reed & Barton sterling creamer or ewer. The bottom is stamped with the R&M mark, sterling and "260". It has 4 distinctly different ornaments which each feature musical instruments intertwined with flowers and swords. I contacted R&B and they could not help--they said much of their reference material was destroyed in a hurricane years ago.

I don't know anything about this piece. Evidently the folks at Replacements Ltd have seen this pattern before because they have this page: . Unfortunately, they don't have any items for sale.

I'd contact Replacements via email an ask if they have any information on this pattern. They often are helpful. They might want to buy your piece if you are looking to sell it.

You might also consider the forum at They have several experts that participate and they might know something about this pattern.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland