Silver and Flatware/silver plated tray

I have a 12inch tray that reads on the back"King's Plate E.P.Brass 794. It is about 60 years in my possession, has a scroll pattern on the bottom surface, and vertical indents around the !inch high sides. Is there an approximate value that you can determine?

I'm not familiar with this specific tray. In fact, I don't know anything about the marks on the back except that "794" probably is the model number. Therefore, I can't be certain with a value estimate. I can say that the vast majority of items like this have a value in the range of $10 to $20 when sold by an individual. It's unfortunate that silver plate items don't hold value very well.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland