Silver and Flatware/1881 Rogers Silverplate by Oneida Ltd.

I received a set of 1881 Rogers Silverplate for a wedding present back in 1969.  My place was just robbed and they took my silverware.  I need to come up with a value and have no idea what the name of the pattern was or how to come up with a replacement value.  I also had my mothers silverware which was stolen.  I'm not sure if it was silverplate or sterling silver.  It was in a box that the inside of the lid has a metal crown on it and DeepSilver written below the crown.  Both sets were complete sets for 12 with all the serving pieces.  Any clue to their worth?

"DeepSilver" is an indication of silver plate. It may have come from International Silver Company.

Without knowing the specific pattern, it's tough to estimate value.

I assume you want this for insurance purposes. Here's a suggestion for your set. Go to and find three different silver plate patterns from Oneida, preferably one high-priced, one medium-priced and one low-priced. Take the average price for a set and use that as your insurance value.

Follow the same process for the DeepSilver set.

That's about the best I can recommend without knowing the pattern.

Sorry about the loss.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland