Silver and Flatware/Flatware

Attached is a photo of the engraving on a fork.  Can you please identify the initials for me?  Also, the flatware knife is marked "J.A.Henckels Solingen Zwillingwerk".  The fork has the number "90" on it.  Can you please tell me about this flatware and estimated value?  I only have 6 forks and 6 knives.
Thank you.

Hi, Larry.

Photos lose some of their quality in the AllExperts process and I can't quite make out the  initials. A local jeweler might be able to help.

German pieces marked with the number "90" are made of silver plate. Here's a description; . Solingen is a city in Germany known for flatware and the last word is probably the name of a specific manufacturing facility.

Generally, silver plate flatware has a low value of a dollar or two per piece when sold by an individual. This is not 100% true but does apply to the vast majority of patterns.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland