Silver and Flatware/silver cup #1256

Value of the #1256 Benedict cup with hector coin on the side . I believe its solid silvr

I am not familiar with this specific cup. If this was made by the Benedict Mfg. Co, of East Syracuse, NY, it is highly likely the cup is made of silver plate. Any sterling piece made by them would have the word, "Sterling", or the number "925", on the bottom next to the name. Do any of the marks look like the Benedict marks on this page: . Or on this page: .

If I am correct about it being made of silver plate, the value probably is in the range of $5 to $15 when sold by an individual.

If the marks on the bottom of your cup do not resemble the ones in the pages I referenced, take a picture of the marks and the cup and attach them to a follow up question.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland