Silver and Flatware/Wilcox Paisley silver trophy/pitcher

I recently purchased a golf trophy that is stamped Wilcox & Co. Other stampings include, Paisley, 64 oz, 69, pantented Jan 11,1927. The trophy is stamped, City Golf Championship
Butte, 1928 Won by Dr. J J Kirby. The trophy is appx. 13 " in height. It is in excellent condition. I am wondering if you would be so kind as to provide some additional information about this piece? If you need pictures, I can send them. Thankn you very much for your time.

Hi, Mike.

There were several silver companies with "Wilcox" as part of the name. I don't know which manufactured your piece. Since the word, "Sterling", is not present, one can assume it is made of silver plate. If I am correct about the silver plate construction, the piece has little value based solely on silver content. Any value it has would be related to its purpose as a trophy. People associated with the specific golf championship would probably be most interested in this piece. Or, perhaps someone related to the winner. You might contact golf courses in Butte to see if they know anything about this.

Sorry I could not help any more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland