Silver and Flatware/Antique fruit knives and forks

knives and forks
knives and forks  

I have searched the net and cannot identify the maker of these beautiful knives and forks or identify whether silver plated or pure silver. The marks read S.E & S. Then there is an image (could be a fox?) then there is a B in a circle. Note the knives don't bear any marks , only the forks. The handles appear to be ivory but could be bone I guess. I'd love to hear from you! Kind regards, Linda (images attached)

I'm sorry to have taken so long to get back to you. I've been trying to identify the marks but I have not had any luck.

The marks do not appear to be British. It's possible they are French but I can't determine that definitely.

The manufacturer/silversmith name probably is represented by the "S E" (or is it "S K"?). The "&", "S" and "B" plus the animal could all have significance somehow but I can't say what.

So, I have been no help at all. You might put your question on the forum at This forum is quite active and maybe someone will recognize what you have.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland