Silver and Flatware/R. Haris co. ser of 12 fruit knives

I have a Boxed set of 12  mother of pearl silver handles fruit knives by R Harris Co. Washington DC.

Hi, Carole.

I'm not sure what your question is so I'll assume it has to do with value and/or history of the set.

I don't know much about the company. It existed in the late 19th and early 20th cnturies.

The blades probably ar made of silver plate or stainless. Sometimes, this type of knife has a small sterling bolster between the blade and handle.

It's hard to say what the value is. I'd look at actual sales of similar sets on eBay to get a better idea. Here's an example: .

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland