Silver and Flatware/sterling silver set

I just found some silver in a storage unit that I bid on. and was wondering if you could help with the value?
On the back of each piece it has Sterling followed by a small square, a circle, a Diamond, then H, followed by Bigelow Kennard & CO. On the front it has a symbol of what look's like a dog in a crown.
I have twelve 7' inch forks, nine 8' forks, six 7 inch spoons, ten 8.5 inch spoons, two 6 inch spoon, six 5.75 inch small butter knifes, ten 8.5 inch knifes, nine 9.5 inch knifes. an a bunch of other silver stuff.
Do you think they are worth anything or should I sell as weight.
Should I clean them or sell as is.
How do I go about finding someone to buy them. I'm a real novice at this and could use all the help  can get.
Tommy T

Hi, Thomas.

The manufacturer mark you describes sounds like Dominick & Haff, later bought by Reed & Barton. Bigelow et al probably was the original retailer.

I don't recognize the pattern you described. If you would like to ask a follow up and attach a picture of the front of a fork or teaspoon, I'll be glad to try to identify it. You coluld also try to match it here: and here: .

The value will be highly dependent on the pattern. It probably is worth maore than its scrap value. You could try selling on eBay. Other buyers would include high end antique shops. I might be interested once I know the pattern.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland