Silver and Flatware/baby spoon

I have this baby spoon (4 1/2" inches long) and is marked w m a rogers a-1 plus Oneida L.T.D. The pattern seems to be from 1936.from my research. can you give me any information on it.

Oneida took over the "Wm A Rogers" brand sometime in the early part of the 20th century (before 1936, I think). They continued to use the brand on pieces made after taking it over.

Just to make life confusing, the "Wm Rogers" brand was taken over by International Silver.

The "A1" means that the piece is made of silver plate.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland