Silver and Flatware/Identify silver spoons

Silver Identifier
Silver Identifier  
We have some silverware that we believe is german, but we are not sure, and we do not know what it is. We think it might be German because it was given to us in a collection of Wellner.

These pieces, however, do not have a name only an identifying mark. I am attaching and image. I'm sorry that the quality is not very good, but I hope you will be able to identify it.

Thank you, very much.

It looks like an "800" on the left. That is consistent with German manufacture. It means a piece is 80% silver content. That's less than sterling (92.5%) but still high. You might look through the German marks at to see if you can identify the company or city where these were made.

Sorry I could not help much.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland