Silver and Flatware/jeweled sterling hair comb by Kennard & Jenks

hair comb
hair comb  

hair comb 2
hair comb 2  
I recently bought this sterling hair comb for my wife for 100 dollars and would like to know value and as much info on item as possible---I know made between 1876-1880  think rose cut diamonds  very nice looking  any info would be great thanks  dan

I don't know much about combs like this, especially with diamonds. I did find this recent sale of several items that included a comb: .

I think an appraisal by an old line jeweler is best for this piece.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland