Silver and Flatware/Wm. Rogers Sacramento 70 Piece Set

I am looking for information on a box of silverware that I have inherited. It is in a brown aged box approximately 4.25 inches wide by 10.25 inches long and 2.25 inches deep.  
The silverware is grouped and wrapped in tissue and apparently never used.  Information on one end of the box includes: Sacramento 70 piece set (list of each item and quantity is given). 8 hollow handle dinner knives, forged blade, serrated.  Wm. A. Rogers Deluxe Stainless. Made by Oneida LTD. (4-70) #1303 The back of the silverware says: "WM.A.ROGERS DELUXE STAINLESS".   

I have been unsuccessful in finding any specifically useful information on the internet.

Thank you for any information that you might provide me.

Hi, Tom.

Oneida took over the Wm. A. Rogers brand in the early part of the 20th century. They continued using the brand name after that, often dual branding as your set exhibits. "1303" probably is the pattern number.

I don't have any information on this pattern. The best I can suggest that you review the Oneida stainless steel patterns at to see if you can find a match.

Unfortunately, sets like this generally do not have a great value, even unused sets like yours. Some patterns are exceptions but most patterns, by far, fit in the low value category when sold by an individual. If you find your pattern at Replacements, they may have higher prices but an individual selling usually can get only a dollar or two per piece.

Sorry I could not help any more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland