Silver and Flatware/servering bowl ?????

Jim I am looking on the internet but not getting any info could you tell me what this might be worth as we are doing a house cleaning after many years of my wife being sick and now she is better we are trying to clean up the unit I have in question is a silver bowl and plate marked
555 marked on it
can you help

This specific Rogers brand is now owned by Oneida. Based on the markings on the set, it looks like the pieces are made of silver plate. "555" probably is the model or pattern number.

I'm not familiar with this particular pattern and could not find recent sales. However, many silver plate sets like this sell in the range of $10 to $50. The price is highly dependent upon condition and desirability of the pattern. Larger pieces like punch bowls may sell for more. You might review actual sales of Oneida bowls on eBay to see what similar bowls sold for.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland