Silver and Flatware/Solid Egyptian silver

I have approximately 20 pieces of dinnerware,knives forks spoons, marked "Solid Egyptian Silver" with a pyramid on each side of this mark. No other markings or hallmarks.  It looks a little duller than the silver I usually see. Is this real silver and what is the percentage of silver to other alloys. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I have searched for hours on-line and can not find anything definite.  Thanks in advance.

Hi, Phillip.

I am not familiar with this mark. It's not standard in the in industry. I can say that I have seen marks like this with similar wording like "Solid Nevada Silver". In all cases I've come across, little or no actual silver was involved.

Again, I can't say in your case but your are correct to be skeptical until you find something definitive.

Sorry, I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland