Silver and Flatware/plate

Monarch Plate Brand
Monarch Plate Brand  
I have a platter or plate of some sort.  It has Monarch Plate Brand 33/34 on the back.  I have been trying to research it and other pieces. There seems to be way more information out there on flatware. I realize this is silver plated and probably worth very little but wanted a professional opinion.  Thank you so much for your time.

There may have been more than one company using the Monarch name. For example, it was used by National Silver Co. of New York beginning in 1943 or so for silver plated pieces.

I'm not familiar with your platter but, in general, silver plated pieces like this have low values. I could not find actual sales recorded for a piece like this so you might want to check with other sources for additional opinions.

I can't tell how large this piece is but larger pieces with intact plating tend to bring more. SO, the range could be $10 to $50 depending on size and condition.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland