Silver and Flatware/Rogers Bros. Pitcher

Hello. I have a pitcher that I am having a very hard time finding any where online.The marking on the bottom reads "1847 Rogers Bros."
Then Directly below that it states "00520" Do you know why I cant find this, or what it is? And is it before they sold the company to International Silver? Thanks

Hi, Paul.

The "520" most likely is the catalog number for the pattern or for this specific piece. It's hard to say when it was made since International Silver continued to use the brand after they took it over in 1898.

It's difficult to find specific items like this online unless someone is offering the specific piece for sale. Rogers made so many pitchers that it's a hit-or-miss situation. One place you might check is to review the pictures and descriptions of International Silver pitchers listed at

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland