Silver and Flatware/Rogers silver plate dinner set and serving pieces

I was wondering if you know any one who would be interested in purchasing this set. It is in a nice wooden box and it was never used, it just sits in the china closet. The pattern is clalled rememberance.

Sincerely, Barbara Conrad

It's difficult to sell silver plate flatware. In the case of Remembrance (and most other silver plate patterns), the market price when sold by an individual is around one dollar per piece, perhaps a bit more for serving pieces. Here is an example of a recent sale: .

If antique shows come to your area, consider taking your set to one. At large shows, there often will be two or three dealers in silver plate who might buy your set. Consider donating the set to a charity and taking a deduction if you itemize your deductions. If you know of someone about to set up housekeeping, this would be a nice gift.

As you can see from my example sale, you could sell through eBay but it may not be worth the trouble if you do not already sell through eBay.

Sorry I could not be more positive.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland