Silver and Flatware/WM ROGERS SILVER PLATE

full set picture
full set picture  

design picture
design picture  
Hi Jim
I purchased this set of 60 piece silverware at a yard sale and have a couple of questions. the guarantee doesn't say how old it is. and what do you think this would be valued at. I can send other pics if needed.

Hi, Joe.

The Wm Rogers brand was taken over in 1898 by International Silver. This pattern looks like the Devonshire pattern introduced by International in 1938. The pattern was also called Mary Lou.

I don't believe this set has a great value. Most used silver plate flatware sold by an individual brings about a dollar or so per piece. Here is an example of a recent sale.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland