Silver and Flatware/Oneida 1881 A1 Rogers Stainless

Oneida Stainless
Oneida Stainless  
I inherited a set of flatware with the subject description on the back of each piece (see attached image).  I see a lot online about silver plated, stainless and silverware, but nothing that addresses a gold tone stainless.  Is this gold plate like the silver plate or something less expensive?  The pattern on the handle is a rough looking finish like it's been pebbled with small stones and doesn't look like it's been used.  

Is this worth keeping or selling?

Generally, sets like this have values comparable to sets made of silver plate. Here is an example of a recent sale of a similar set: .

I've seen many such sets sell in the same ballpark.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland