Silver and Flatware/Silver plate spoon approximate date.

spoon front
spoon front  

spoon back
spoon back  
My family collects silver spoons. I have a spoon that is silver plate. It says Stratford Silver Co. AXI on the back, left to me by my grandmother. In the spoon, it has "Eads Bridge" across the top. Parallel in the middle, it says "City Hall" & "Union Station." Down the center it says "St. Louis". Was this a commemrative spoon for a specific event or maybe just a traveler's souvineer?

I'm sorry but I don't know much about souvenir spoons. Here's an article I wrote a while back that lists some reference sites. Some of those sites answer questions, I believe.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland