Silver and Flatware/value

baby spoon by Wm Rogers & son
baby spoon by Wm Roger  

same spoon
same spoon  
I have a small T-spoon that is from Wm Rogers & son, it has the letters I.S. next to it, and the pattern is Victorian Rose. The thing has been around for as long as I can remember, and is in fair condition. Can you tell me if there is any value to it other than the silver itself. Thank you.          

Hi, Charles.

The "I.S." represents International Silver which took over this brand in 1898. I believe the Victorian Rose is made of silver plate. You can confirm this by looking on the back. If the word, "Sterling", is not there, it's most likely silver plate. If I am correct, it does not have much value. There is actually very little silver involved. I can't tell the length from the picture but it looks like an infant feeding spoon. These are usually five to six inches long. Or it could be a demitasse spoon if it's under five inches.

You could verify the value by looking at similar items that have sold recently on eBay.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland