Silver and Flatware/Silver Tea Set

Tea Set
Tea Set  

Tea Set
Tea Set  
This set belonged to my mother-in-law.  I know it is at least 60 years old, but cannot find anything on line.  Can you help me?  The tray is not part of the set.

This set is made of silver plate. "2777" is the model number. I do not know what the hand-engraved number means. I assume it was to identify the owner. This brand was taken over by Oneida early in the 20th century. They continued to use the brand for a number of years after the takeover.

I could not find sales of this specific set but generally, when sold by an individual, they sell in the range of $20 to $100. There are always exceptions to this rule if the design is unique and/or very desirable.

As you continue your search, look under Oneida as well as Wm. A. Rogers. Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland