Silver and Flatware/Tea Set

I have a tea set with the markings Newbury Port Service "Quadruple" Taunton Mass  864

Would like to know its value and should I leave it as is or remove tarnish.

Thank You

Here is a link to an answer from another site regarding a similar question: The model number is different from yours (864) but everything else is the same.

I can't say exactly what its value is; silver plate pieces like this generally have fairly low value ($10 - $100). Here is an example of a similar set that sold recently:

I'd try polishing it. If some areas remain dark and can't be polished, it could be the plating has worn off there.

Hope this helps.

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland