Silver and Flatware/Wm Rogers

Teapot Markings
Teapot Markings  

Wm Rogers Teapot
Wm Rogers Teapot  

I got a Wm Rogers silver plated tea pot at a flea market. I was able to find information online about it, but was curious to what the hand markings are: XX74/R. The markings are on both the bottom of the teapot and on the inside of the lid.

Thank you for your help.

I don't think those marks were placed there by the manufacturer. They do not represent standard marks I have seen. They may have been placed there by the original retailer or by an owner somewhere along the way.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland