Silver and Flatware/Wm Rogers IS flatware

I have flatware that looks like a fan on the end and has fan-like etching on the handle.  Can't find what name of flatware is.  It also has IS on the back.  Not a full set.  How do I find what it is worth?  And what pattern it is.  Do not have case either.

The "IS" represents International Silver which now owns this brand. Check the sterling and silver plate patterns for both Wm Rogers and International Silver at this site: .

If the word, "Sterling", is on the back of forks and spoons, the set will have some value. It will depend on the pattern. If the set is made of silver plate, there is a good chance the value will be quite low.

Once you know the pattern, feel free to ask a follow up question.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland