Silver and Flatware/Rogers Cup

When my mother died I received a cup that I would like to find out about. It's a Eternally Yours__ 1847 Rogers Bros. with a I S . I'm moving to a smaller place so I'm in the process of getting rid of some items. Please tell me age and approximate value.  Thank You

Hello. The "IS" represents International Silver which took over this brand in 1898. I don't know for sure when International introduced "Eternally Yours" but I believe it was around 1941. So, your cup could have been made anytime after that.

I believe your cup is made of silver plate. You can verify this by making sure the word, "Sterling", is not on the cup somewhere. If I am correct, the cup probably is worth a few dollars.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland