Silver and Flatware/1847 Rogers Brother

i have a ring that was passed to me from my great grandmother, that has the insignia, 1847 Rogers Brother. i was hoping you could give me some background info on it.     Thank You.

This Rogers mark was most often used on silver plate flatware and hollowware. I do not know if the company made rings. It's a common practice to convert something like a teaspoon into a ring. I'm not very familiar with the market for such items but, in my opinion, little value is added. Here's an example of such a ring that sold earlier this summer:

FYI, the 1847 Rogers brand was purchased by International Silver in 1898 and they continued to use the brand after that. If I am correct about this being a spoon ring, you may be able to find the original pattern here: . Look under silver plate and sterling listings.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland