Silver and Flatware/John Turton

I have a John Turton Tea Service which contains: coffee pot, tea pot sugar and lid waste and kettle on cradle.  It says
What looks like 3 circles
John Turton
Made in Sheffield
Hand Chased

The pots have the numbers 0794

The lidded pieces have flower finial.

Could you please give me a name and approximate value.

Thank you,
Tonjia Lisenby  

The "EP" stands for electroplated or silver plate. The "0794" is the model number. I could not find sets with this model number but I did find a few sales of John Turton sets that recently sold on eBay in the range of $10 to $125. The price was highly dependent on the design. Most of the sets sold in England. You might review such sales yourself to look at the pictures and compare those sets with yours.

Sorry I could not help any more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland