Silver and Flatware/value of extra plated Wm rogers Original

I believe that my Father purchased or won this set when he visited California back in the late 50's. He would have been sent there as a representative of a tractor company at convention. There are 4 roses in a small cross pattern at the base of the flatware small rose is at the base of the tines.. I am looking to replace 2 full sets of flatware which was stolen. The 5 pieces serving pieces were also stolen. I would appreciate any advice you can give. Thank you.

I don't recognize the pattern from your description but that's not unusual since so many patterns exist. Review the patterns here to see if you can recognize yours: . Look under International Silver as well since they purchased the Wm Rogers brand in 1898. And just to make sure, there is also a Wm. A. Rogers brand now owned by Oneida.

Once you have identified the pattern, check on eBay for the best prices. You can also check and

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland