Silver and Flatware/1847 Rogers bros silver flatware set Pattern - Daffodil

I have been seeing mixed answers about this particular set.  Is this flatware  subject set silver plated or sterling silver?  

Thank you

I have only encountered a silver plate version. This Rogers brand was bought by International Silver Company in 1898 and they continued to use the brand for many years. In 1950, International introduced Daffodil as a silver plate pattern.

Since about 1870, virtually any sterling piece manufactured in the U.S. will have the word, "Sterling", on it. A few might have "925" which represents 92.5% silver content, the standard for sterling.

Best wishes,

There was also an 1891 version of Daffodil by Rogers. It was silver plate as well.

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland