Silver and Flatware/gorham cream server

I have a single handle cream server, says Hotel St George, Brooklyn NY, ep silver, small ship on right,  #03559 with an anchor on a sheild in the middle.  Is this considered collectable? Thanks for your help.

Hello. This piece is made of silver plate and has little value based solely on silver content. If there are collectors of items from this specific hotel, it might have some value to them. However, the range is still low, maybe $10 to $25. I'd get a second opinion, maybe from an established antique dealer.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland