Silver and Flatware/Gorham kings?

spoon with Kings-like pattern
spoon with Kings-like  
QUESTION: We have a set of soup spoons that look like Gorham King II, but they don't match it completely.  They have a double unfolding flower/leaf at the bottom.  They do appear to say sterling.  What could they bed?

ANSWER: Hello.

What are all the exact words and symbols on the back? You can submit a followup or another question with the info.

back of spoon
back of spoon  
QUESTION: Thank you.
On the back it says "sterling" and 1888 and something else I can't decipher. I'm sending a picture.

ANSWER: I can't decipher it either.

At this point, I recommend trying the forum at Several experts participate and perhaps one will recognize what you have. Sorry I was unable to help.

Bets wishes,

soup spoon back
soup spoon back  
QUESTION: Hi, thanks,

So what I can see now is PAT above 1899 and a bear/monkey and an anchor (?) and the word "Sterling." I'm trying another picture.

This could be Gorham. Look at the marks on  this page (not the date marks): . If there is a script "G" after the anchor, that would indicate Gorham. The animal would be a lion.

Check out the pictures here for the New Queens pattern. See what you think.

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland