Silver and Flatware/Manchester Princess Flatware

Manchester princess flatware
Manchester princess fl  

Manchester princess flatware
Manchester princess fl  
I have a set of Manchester Princess flatware including (8 each) salad and dinner forks, soup and dinner spoons, little butter knives, table knives and (2 each) serving spoons.  Pictures Attached.  I was wondering what the value of this set is.  All of the pieces are in good shape with little to no tarnish.  The closest I have been able to find for value of this set is on and they are just sold by the individual piece.  I know this is a sterling silver set made between 1912-1932.  I also have the original box this set would have come in.  

Thank You for your time and look forward to your response.

Micah Pedersen

It would be helpful to sum up the values at Replacements for all your pieces. There will not be a great difference between the total you calculate and a full set. This would be a useful value for insurance purposes but if you tried to sell it, you probably would be disappointed.

An individual cannot expect to sell for the same price as that seen at Replacements. Also impacting this is the fact that this pattern does not attract many buyers these days.

A reasonable guess is that the value if sold by an individual would be between 30% and 50% of the Replacements price.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland