Silver and Flatware/a.monneret small spoon set

I have these small spoons in original box,4 in.long the box says A.MONNERET,COUTELLERIE,CLERMONT-FERRAND -VICHY-NICE,they were my grandmothers,my father was a captain in ww1 and 2,my mother  said he brought them home,but has no idea where they came from,but the name sounds french

I know nothing about these but here are a couple of observations. "Coutellerie" is French for cutlery . Clermont-Ferrand, Vichy and Nice are all cities in France. Perhaps A. Monneret was some type of retailer with locations in those cities.

If there are additional marks on the backs of the spoons, you might compare them with what you find here: .

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland