Silver and Flatware/Rogers Bros. Flatware

I have a serving spoon and a few other pieces of Rogers Bros. flatware with XLL on the back, no pattern name on the back. It's a heavy piece with a rather plain design on the spoon but does have a design in the middle at the bottom of the spoon.  It has an indentation around the outside of the spoon and some type of design on the back of the spoon.  Can you tell me anything about this?  Thank You! Jean

I really can't tell what pattern this might be. The XLL indicates silver plate construction.

You might review the silver plate patterns here to see if you can spot a match: . I'd check all the companies with "Rogers" in the name. You might also check International Silver Company which took over this brand in 1898.

Once you know the pattern, other information will be available on the Internet most likely. Or you can ask a follow up question.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland