Silver and Flatware/Sterling Silver Silverware

Rogers Primrose IS 1936
Rogers Primrose IS 193  

Rogers Primrose IS 1936
Rogers Primrose IS 193  
Hi Jim,

Today I purchased a 40 piece set of silverware with "Rogers Sterling IS" stamped on the back. It looks exactly like the International Sterling Primrose pattern 1936, except mine is solid without cutouts.  What is the difference?

Thank you for your time!  Linda

I don't have enough experience with this pattern to be able to answer your question. I see both the pierced version and solid version for sale on eBay but I did not see an explanation of the difference. It's a beautiful pattern. Consider posting your question on the forum at A number of experts participate and perhaps one will know the answer.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland