Silver and Flatware/Wm. A. Rogers Silver

My mother asked to me to find out about a set of teaspoons that she has.  There are four spoons in the original box, one of them being a tea strainer of some sort. The label says they were made for the Old Dutch Boy Cleanser Company which was located in Chicago the year they were made. (May have been part of a promotional free give away).  The back of the box includes the maker, Wm. A. Rogers Silver but also includes the name Oneida on the next line followed by "Alt" or "Al+".  Mother is interested in contacting Old Dutch (if they are still in business) and donating them back to the company if they are interested.
Are you familiar with these spoons and can you give us any idea how old they are?  Thank you for any information you can pass along.

I am not familiar with these specific spoons. The Wm. A. Rogers brand was taken over by Oneida sometime around 1920, I believe, so we know the spoons were made after that. Probably, they are made of silver plate.

I do not know if the brand still is active. According to Internet references, the brand was last owned by Dial.

If you'd like to sell these, consider offering them on eBay.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland