Silver and Flatware/Rogers & Bro water pitcher

I have a Rogers & Bro triple plate water pitcher with the fist and lighting bolts trademark on the bottom of it with the number 700. I'm trying to date and estimate the price of the pitcher. I'd also like to find out what the pattern is. Any thoughts on how I can do this. Thank you.

It's frequently hard to determine age of a piece. I believe the trademark you mentioned was not used before 1860 or after 1976. However, I can't be sure about these dates. The "700" is probably a model number and can sometimes help determine age but, again, it's often hard to find references to model numbers.

Be aware that most Rogers brands were bought by International Silver Company. A few were bought by Oneida. So, as you search, look under these companies as well.

I could not find sales of this specific piece but a number of Rogers & Bro pitchers have sold recently on the eBay. The selling price generally was between $25 and $75. The value of a piece like this is affected by condition, design and age. Even though the piece is triple plated, the total silver content is still extremely small. Therefore, the price of silver does not affect pieces like this very much.

I'd watch eBay to search for comparable pieces being offered. I'd also search sites like for comparable pieces. Remember to search under the two companies I mentioned as well as Rogers & Bro. Replacements has a pattern matching service. You might send your information to them to see if they can offer more detail than I have. There is also a forum at where you can post your question. A number of experts participate and perhaps one will have the information you seek.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland