Silver and Flatware/Silver markings

Fork markings
Fork markings  
What can u please tell me about these markings and maybe year

The "IS" represents International Silver Company which took over this Rogers brand in 1898. So, we know the date of manufacture is after that. Probably, your piece was made in the first half of the 20th century. It's hard to date these types of marks. We can assume the piece is made of silver plate since there is no indication it is made of sterling. If you want to send a picture of the front, perhaps I can identify the pattern and tell more about the dates.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland